Old 08-05-18, 08:14 AM
rosefarts
With a mighty wind

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1084 Post(s)
Liked 854 Times in 483 Posts
2 vs 4, a brake lever dilemma

Today I will be finally taking all the parts I've amassed and the frame I had powdercoated, and turning it into a bike.

I'm happy with what it'll have and hopefully it'll ride well (can't test ride a bare frame).

I've got a pair of interrupted brake levers on the workbench. I didn't pay for them, they were on my wife's bike and she hasn't touched it in at least 3 years. I don't know if I want them or not. A friend rides them and loves them. I've also read that they suck unless commuting in traffic (which this bike won't have to endure). The bike has canti brakes and 42cm low drop "gravel" bars. There is room on the handlebars for the levers but not a ton. I won't be putting a computer or bell or anything on my bars, I much prefer the GPS watch. My current plan is to ride steep unpaved roads. I also have my sights set on a few trails that are considered non technical by mountain bike standards but are still trails, not roads.

So I'm going to go into the garage to finish the wheels I laced earlier this week. I'll check back here once in a while and hopefully I'll have some sage advice before I've gotten to the cable routing part of the assembly.