View Single Post
Old 01-06-19, 07:09 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1856 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
Originally Posted by Archwhorides
I weigh in at 265 lbs and although I find the Sella Anatomica saddle supremely comfortable, I can't commute on it, because the rails are too long and they eventually collapse from my weight in combination with the jarring miles. The Brooks B17/C17 rails are shorter/stiffer and they have held up well. I've been on the C17 for two years with a total mileage of about 6K, and the saddle is still structurally in fighting shape.
One thing S-A has been paying attention to is rail strength. I don't know which version you have, but teh more recent ones have CrMo rails, which are stronger than the steel they previously used. If you contact them with the S/N and model number info of your saddle, you can probably find out if yours can be improved for a reasonable price. Finding a comfortable saddle is such a PITA (sorry!) that I would recommend trying to address the rail issue head on.