View Single Post
Old 02-17-19, 03:42 PM
rollagain
Lopsided biped

Bikes: 2017 Day 6 Cyclone (the Buick); 2015 Simcoe Deluxe (the Xebec); Street Strider 3i (the not-a-bike); GreenSpeed Anura (the Black Swan)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked 160 Times in 97 Posts
Of the three choices, the NuVinci has the lowest range, so if that's important to you, it should be the lower on the list. I can't say anything more about them.

I have an Alfine 11 on my Day 6 (the Buick) and it's very nice. It makes no noise at all; you won't get a quieter ride. I think it has an advantage in being more familiar to bike mechanics than the other two, but you may never need to think about that beyond a periodic oil change, which you can do yourself.

It looks like any of these choices will have the slight disadvantage of making a rear tire repair a bit of a fuss. Whatever you get, just rehearse a tire change at home a couple times.

Sucks bilgewater having your custom-kitted bike stolen; I lost two in about a year and a half. The bikes themselves weren't very special, but I had them fully equipped, which added substantially to the loss. Best of luck with your new ride.