Old 03-24-19, 11:28 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
If you permit Google Maps Timeline to run by default it will record GPS data, same as activity apps. And the data can be downloaded and converted to a format Strava can use. Handy if Strava glitches, which happens fairly often.

I've permitted Google to track my activities by default, which came in handy when I was hit by a car last year. It confirmed my version of the incident. It also enables recreating lost Strava logs. The Google data is private (well, just between us, Google, the NSA, and every hacker in China and Russia). And we can delete it anytime.

I use Wahoo Fitness to record rides, and upload to Strava later. Wahoo Fitness has been more reliable, low resource, and free. The app interface doesn't show much data but records quite a bit of data that will appear in Strava. If Wahoo Fitness gets closed before a ride is through, it just stops at that point and records the ride so far to Strava. I need to remember to restart recording. But that's happened only once in almost three years.