Thread: My E+ review
View Single Post
Old 06-13-19, 11:33 PM
kauaikit

Bikes: 18 Tidalforce (+3 M750 E+) ebikes, 27 EVG ebikes, 2 Blk '13 A2B Shima, 1 UM '10 Velociti 26", 2 UM Europa's, 2 eZip trail, 1 iZip 24v Urban, 1 eZip 1000 scooter, 1 Chinese 48v ped-scooter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It lives again!!!

Originally Posted by Firedog91902
A good buy. Congratulations.

I sold them that charger (with the E+ manual included) after the their first Ebay listing. I knew I would never go back to NiMH.

You should be able to recover the use of the NiMH cells, but if not, it's pretty easy( thanks to the work of Powell) to remove the charge boards from the front hub and mount into a enclosure. Then you can use any 36v Lithium battery and a standard front wheel and add disc brakes. If you looking to save, I find 18V tool batteries are best. Plenty of amps for the E+ The mount is easy to make or I can sell you one. There are also tons 36v batteries from impounded rental ebike showing up for sale. They are big, so rear rack mount, but have lot of AH and usually little use. They work fine, except if you push too hard on the hills. You have to live with power 7 or less, since their BMS won't deliver 1000W but that is not that big a deal. You can still do 28mph on the flat.
Again....TY for selling the eBay seller your charger. I put it to good use.

After attemping to use the stock charger on the front hub 2X's....it just sat to long, and the cells were below the LVC & there was nothing, no voltage. So, I removed the wheel & battery side case & used a cheapy 12v to charge each 5 cell pack to 5.5v's while keeping a close eye on it after disconnecting the + & - screws & putting cardboard strips between. And yes I used electrical tape on the allen wrench & used electrical tape below the screws to cover in case they dropped. I put it back together, and IT'S ALIVE! Though it's a shame it's the 750watt/20mph version! It works well enough to run the dogs, and it was fun to also compare it's performance it to an original 750watt/19.5mph Tidalforce.

I'll be letting one of the women folk ride it for range, and will then give an update.

Thanks for the suggestions. It worked.

Last edited by kauaikit; 06-13-19 at 11:41 PM.