View Single Post
Old 10-03-06, 12:59 PM
e-Man
n00b

Bikes: 2004 GT Avalanche 3.0 with various upgrades, and a 1980's Murray Monterey Beach Cruiser I customized.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not as much customizing as some of your rides, but I am proud of how it is coming out.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...%20bike/01.jpg

I started with a 1980's Murray Monterey given to me by a friend. Rims and front fork were trashed, so I stripped down the frame with a "rat rod" theme in mind. Bare minimum, do all the work myself, flat black primer, and get the parts I need either second hand or as cheep as possible. New front fork came from an 80's Schwinn road bike. Handlebars that I got to go on it were hanging around my dad's shed (nice set or risers that I traded him an old pair of mountain bike handlebars for them). Wheels will be a new set of 24" w/coaster brake. Seat and grips will be found at the local swap meet once it re-opens this month. Want to finish it by the end of October '06 in time to cruise it around at a local classic car show. I will post more (better looking) pics as I make progress, I am getting really excited about this.