Old 12-17-19, 04:34 AM
BookFinder 
Lifelong wheel gazer ...

Bikes: All garage sale finds...

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
I've always seen the Clydesdale horse as a muscular, majestic workhorse that exemplified production in an age when handling a team of horses was a standard tool of the trade in rural America. The term per se is not offensive to me.

At 5'6" the BMI index puts my acceptable weight within a range of 115 lbs (bmi 18.6) to 154 lbs (bmi 24.9).

Overweight for me becomes anything between 155 lbs to 185 lbs, at which point I tip into the obese range.

I have been obese, but am not at the moment. Per the charts, I fall in the overweight range. Likewise, I am not yet at the place I want to be in terms of weight.

All that said, weight is one thing, fitness is another. My cycling goals are more about fitness than weight.

Finally, and while the "Clydesdale" moniker is not offensive to me, "fat lad to the back" would grate on my nerves. But so does the guy who has to jump up front of the pack and gloat while subtly "shaming" everyone who can't ride at his level. Height and weight wise he may not be a Clydesdale, but whatever type of horse he qualifies to be, he is the ass-end of it...

At any rate, I typically ride alone, or with my wife, or with a small group of like-minded friends.

If you design and market a quality product, a segment of the market will eventually if not sooner drift your way. Best of luck with the venture.

Status quo is the mental bastion of the intellectually lethargic...