View Single Post
Old 08-19-19, 08:33 PM
SpecK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet

So.. frame issue aside, which for ou is a problem, the bike itself isn't bad and could serve as a reasonable budget tourer until experience lets you make a more informed decision.
Thanks for helping me sort through this. I think it really comes down to if I can do something with the bar height or not. I found a few extra long adjustable quill stems online. Is there any reason that wouldn't work? I am thinking that along with a butterfly bar like you suggested might do the trick.

I am prepared to spend some money on a saddle. I figured that would be the case regardless of keeping this bike or buying new and if I find a saddle I like I can transfer it to any new bike I get. One of my local bike stores actually have a saddle library where you can test drive different saddles, so I might give that a shot.

I obviously can't do anything with the chain stay, but if I can get the bar height worked out I think this would work for a while and make a great second bike when and if I upgrade to something else.