View Single Post
Old 11-17-07, 03:30 PM
v1nce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I sell all kinds of Cargo utility bikes for a living in the Netherlands'. Our shops strives and succeeds at having the widest range of manufacturers and models in the NL (which probably implies the world). We sold the TrioBike twice... never again! It stinks! Badly! A great piece of design that looks flash but functions very poorly... To wit: The disk brakes barely brake no matter how much you adjust them. The steering is very very dodgy, costs tons of effort and is very akward. Very easy to oversteer yet hard to compensate. The stability of the bike is okay at best.

Additionally the concept of a MTB style bike with a real aero position combined with a bike specifically meant to haul kids is flawed. I am sure there are 1 or 2 moms who want to cycle fast when they haul their kids and then spend 5 minutes getting grease on their hands and doing (dis)assembly so they can convert their Triobike into an MTB and then bomb down some moderate hills,.. but i have yet to meet them. Pass on this bike.

By contrast the Cargobike Long by Bakfiets.nl that pictures were posted off is the very best Cargobike out there (though that SUV recumbent might be a challenger to the throne).

It rides faster and easier (amazing handling) than any other cargobike (especially three wheelers), excellent parts and durability, low center of gravity. The biggest selling new Cargobike in the NL (world?) for a few years running. And, on top of that it has been tested as being the best Cargobike by the independent and authoritieve Cyclist Union (Fietsersbond) and it is the cheapest new cargobike bike we sell! We sell it at 1505 Euros and with the 7 Speed Shimano hub. By contrast the Triobike is almost a cool E 1000 more expensive!!

As you can tell i love this bike and that it has my vote despite selling and riding more than 8 other major brands and models 3 days a week.