View Single Post
Old 07-16-19, 10:00 AM
Campagnerdo 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 30 Posts
Medici Pro Strada frame and fork, 52 cm

Medici Pro-Strada frame and fork, mid 1980's. Has some cracks in the paint on the top of the top tube, and a ripple at the bottom of the top tube. Small deformity is detectable on the down tube, a minor change in the gloss of the paint that probably would not be seen unless you are looking for it. I could not detect any effects on the fork. It's a shame, but this is one of those cases where it is what it is. Additional details for those still interested:

Columbus tubing, most certainly would be SL. 52 cm ctt seat tube, 53 cm ctc top tube. 126mm rear end. Campagnolo dropouts. The bb has since been removed. Recessed brakes front and rear, braze on front derailleur, two bottle mounts, internal brake housing on top tube. Italian threads. The paint has small imperfections, one small ding on top tube. The chrome is pretty good, has some small imperfections. The chainstays look like they are clear coated, and some of the clear is chipping off. The chrome plating shows some rust and pitting deep in the seat lug between the seat stays, and on the bottom of the fork crown between the fork blades. These are difficult areas to plate, so I think the chrome was not as good there.

Link to photo album:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fh8bNY8rYxp5oJn68

Other than the obvious, a handsome frame. Without the damage, I would have initially listed at $195. Considering the facts, listing it for half of that. $95.00 after fees, plus shipping. Let the comments begin.