Thread: Diverge 2018
View Single Post
Old 06-26-17, 03:26 PM
Rennvelo

Bikes: Specialiced Roubaix Comp 2017; Giant Anthem X1 2008 (MTB)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Experience with Axis Sport wheels

Hello everybody
This is my first post in this forum!

I am just wondering if anybody has experience with with Axis Sport wheels. Are this the same wheels as Axis 1 or 2? I had an Diverge Elite DSW 2017. Unfortunately, this bike was stolen. I was very comfortable with this bike and wanted to order a new one. However, this bike is sold out in Switzerland, the Country I live in. So now I am looking for a Diverge 2018. I am considering an E5 Elite, which is in the same price range as my old bike. Comp E5 would also be an Option, but in Continental Europe you only get the color scheme GLOSS LIGHT TURQUOISE/TARMAC BLACK, which does not appeal to me. I have some conerns about the Axis Sport wheels. How do they match up with the Axis Elite wheels? Will you notice the difference, mainly while accelerating? I like the quick acceleration of road bikes. I think I red somewhere that the Axis Sport wheels are quit heavy. I have to say that I am not an experienced road biker, my background is in MTB. We have lots of mountains in Switzerland btw. So I will not notice subtle differences.

The second minor conern are the brakes. I was happy with the Spyre. What about the Tektro Mira? Any experiences?

Btw, i have an Roubaix Comp 2017 as my main road bike. Future Shock works great, the ride is much more comfortable than with the Diverge Elite DSW, which does not mean that the Roubaix is the better bike. It is just different.