Old 04-29-13, 11:33 PM
kite991

Bikes: Leader 725, Kilo tt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smoothness
i know it might not be what you want to hear, but if you're buying a bicycle for the first time in a long time, i suggest getting a mid-range bicycle first, for you to get a feel for whether or not you want to truly ride a single speed. wabi bicycles, though nice, are a fair bit more than say a kilo, and you'd probably feel less bad if you dented up a kilo rather than a wabi. i personally just build up junker bikes, and don't worry so much about whether or not i lock them up in the best of places; sure they have nice parts on them, but to the casual bystander they just look like any other bicycle. best of luck to you.

ps: if you end up looking for a road bicycle with gears, i suggest trying to find a cheap georgena terry bicycle. might be worth your while; at one point, i was sitting on four of them and couldn't get rid of the frames to save my life, b/c i didn't know any women who were short enough to ride them (so sad that i, as a a 64" guy, was too tall to ride them T_T)
Definitely the fact that when my kilo falls over i dont worry about it (worry about my GR-9 pedals though) or when i lock it up, but my Leader 725 (the frame only) im paranoid to even leave it on the ground seeing as how the bike once its built will be 2x as much as i paid for the kilo. Theres always the route of converting an old geared frame which i will attempt at some point where my wallet has sufficient funds to support a 3rd bike.