View Single Post
Old 05-04-13, 03:46 PM
LONO100

Bikes: Scott Scale 950, bianchi via nirone, bianchi fremont, GT avalanche 1.0, kona Muni-mula, nishiki century singlespeed, bianchi strada singlespeed conversion, bianchi eros robinson BMX, haro mirra, custom low rider bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hi all, new member, heres my nishiki build

hi all, ive been lurking this forum for a few weeks as i was doing my first singlespeed conversion and i thought id share some pics. its nothing fancy, i just wanted to build a cheapie singlespeed for my 9 mile commutes to work so i wouldnt have to keep riding my mountain bike. it's a nishiki century, probably form the mid 80's i guess but im not sure. the guy wanted 140 for it but i talked him down to 80 bucks.

i went with this frame to build around because it was cheap, had the color i wanted, and most importantly, it fit my size being that im 5'7'' on my best day.

here are a few pics of it the day i brought it home

weighed in at 27 lbs

took all the junk off and simplified

this is how she looked when i first got her rolling

i wanted to keep the cranks on it, but the sprocket was too warped, so i had to re-up. white crank arms to match my white hubs

i found the wheels on craigslist too for about 75 bucks. i just need to find a white seat. again, nothing fancy, just a cheapie, simple singlespeed build. shes running great, and ive already put about 50 miles on with no problems. i weighed her yesterday, and im down to about 20 lbs with all the junk pulled off, a lighter seatpost and seat, cranks, and wheels.