Old 07-22-13, 08:57 AM
Ictoanta

Bikes: Fuji Feather 2015; Electra Rally Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kayce
The bike looks cheap, does not list any components, only comes in two sizes, and has very strange geometry. These are all reasons to stay away.
Thanks for the reply! The components are all "own brand", or so their site suggests, which might of course mean there simply cheap generic stuff with their name stamped on them...

The sizes wouldn't be an issue for me I think. I'm about 6 foot 3, so I'd need a large bike anyway and the 59cm should be okay right? Or is the fact that they only make 2 sizes the issue?

I don't know much about the difference in geometry in these bikes, could you explain (in simple terms) what is strange about this one?

One of the reasons I was drawn towards this bike is the Chromoly frame and fork. The SE Lager is exactly the same price at the same shop, but that has a hi-ten frame and fork (which I've gathered here is bad). Would that be a safer choice though?

The Fuji Declaration also seems like a nice bike and does have a full chromo frame and fork. I guess I could also spend just a bit more and go for the Fuji feather (which looks a bit nicer and seems to have better parts to my newbie-eyes).

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply!