Old 08-02-14, 09:27 AM
RoadTire 

Bikes: '09 Trek 2.1 * '75 Sekine * 2010 Raleigh Talus 8.0 * '90 Giant Mtb * Raleigh M20 * Fuji Nevada mtb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Minneapolis St. Paul Commuters: Thoughts on 1:00 A.M. - 3:00 A.M. through town?

I'm considering commuting to work just for the fitness (ok, a little bit of bragging too) but the hold up is I start work at 03:00 over on Lexington and Energy Park Drive. Is this a really bad idea, especially for someone who rarely rides at night, and hasn't hung around the city itself much in 20 years? Who else commutes at those hours of the morning?

Lights aren't a problem, (thanks cghoward) and I'll ride the route a few times during the day first, and lastly will start at a Park and Ride in St. Louis Park for the first few rides so that distance will be 12 miles each way instead of 28 miles.

The route will be from the west on Lake Minnetonka on the Dakota Trail, pick up Cedar Lake Trail into Mpls, then south along the river, cross over on the Stone Arch Bridge, and work my way onto Energy Park Drive.
FB4K - Every October we wrench on donated bikes. Every December, a few thousand kids get bikes for Christmas. For many, it is their first bike, ever. Every bike, new and used, was donated, built, cleaned and repaired. Check us out on FaceBook: FB4K.

Disclaimer: 99% of what I know about cycling I learned on BF. That would make, ummm, 1% experience. And a lot of posts.