Old 08-16-14, 09:45 AM
RoadTire 

Bikes: '09 Trek 2.1 * '75 Sekine * 2010 Raleigh Talus 8.0 * '90 Giant Mtb * Raleigh M20 * Fuji Nevada mtb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tuesday and Thursday I test rode the eastern half-way route of Cedar Lake Trail / River Road / Bridge No. 9 route during daylight, 28 miles round trip. Minimal indication of anyone camping out under the freeways; just one pile of junk by a pillar, so that's encouraging. Lots of dark areas just as I get started in St. Louis Park area of the trail, between fences, and kinda isolated feeling, but I'll have to get over that anyway, no matter the route.

I think I jinxed myself my putting my old race-lite tires on the bike causing me to crash Tuesday. I shouldn't be looking at landmarks and riding the edge of the trail at the same time. This is the first road rash I can remember. Shoulder is still pretty sore. Bikes' ok - the left shifter and pedal took all the cosmetic damage. Why in heck I remain in the habit of riding the right outside edge of the trails I don't know, but this I think broke the habit. And put my wider P4SC back on. Such a ride improvement even at slightly lower pressure.

The backpack is settling in as I figure out the weight and distribution of contents. I'll keep a change(s) of work clothes at the office and just carry stuff I may need on the commute. It's going to get cool in the mornings and warm in the afternoons. Is it paranoid to carry light shoes in the pack in case I have to walk out for some reason? I just cannot see walking much in my cycling shoes. (SPD-L. Ugh) If I do the commute next year I might convert my Sekine to a commuter and add a rack.
FB4K - Every October we wrench on donated bikes. Every December, a few thousand kids get bikes for Christmas. For many, it is their first bike, ever. Every bike, new and used, was donated, built, cleaned and repaired. Check us out on FaceBook: FB4K.

Disclaimer: 99% of what I know about cycling I learned on BF. That would make, ummm, 1% experience. And a lot of posts.