acidfast7
Banned

Bikes: 2010 Cube Acid / 2013 Mango FGSS

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by oj.
Thanks for your response. Did you have any issues regarding pedals and dress shoes. This is something I have come across myself but I don't know if It's just a personal issue. Also I should point out that video shows well what I think cycling should look like here in the UK, rather than the daily Lycra clad race which I usually see.
I'm on a small island now (Portsea) and thankfully don't see any commuting lycra-clad wannabe racers as the distances are quite short. Banter would surely ensue should they been seen: "Are you in the lead mate? Out for a long training ride matey?" and such.

I also see many more drop bars in the UK/US when commuting than I did in any other country in which I've lived/visited. Part of it has to do with the language ... in most Germanic languages bikes with drops are known as Rennräder (literally race bikes), whereas they're simply known as road bikes in English.

No issues with shoes and pedals right now. Clip-less/clip-in is a lost cause on commute and all of the shoes look like athletic gear and/or cheap/old-man leather shoes.