Old 02-06-19, 07:55 PM
geoffs

Bikes: Co-Motion Mocha Co-pilot, Habanero custom commuter, Seven Axiom SL, Seven Axiom SLX, Blom Track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts

Good spot to stop for food after you cross the bridge onto PEI
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
Giving serious thought to Canadian Maritimes. Fly to Halifax, loop through Cape Breton Island, then across Prince Edward Island, and check out Bay of Fundy before return to Halifax for flight home.

If anyone knows if the campgrounds are likely to be full any time between start of June through early July, I would like to hear about it before I experience it. I do not plan to make reservations for campgrounds unless absolutely necessary. I plan to start and end at the HI Hostel in Halifax.
we did part of this a couple of years ago but didn’t make it up to Cape Breton as we ran out of time and didn’t think we were fit enough to fit the distance into our schedule. We’re aiming to do what you have planned in 2020. So looking forward to seeing some post from you on the tour!!
We went to PEI at the beginning of June. We were the first cyclists of the season to cross the bridge. It was cold (10°c) max and raining. The centennial trail sounds like a good idea but you don’t get to see anything from it so we gave up on it. We rode past the Anne of Green Gables house but weren’t able to see it due to rain and mist. Caught the ferry from Woodend to Pictou and the rode to Truro. NovelTea bookstore there even know how to make a decent coffee.