Old 07-23-19, 10:24 PM
davester

Bikes: 1981 Ron Cooper, 1974 Cinelli Super Corsa, 2000 Gary Fisher Sugar 1, 1986 Miyata 710, 1983 Nishiki Cresta

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 23 Posts
1. Dave D, davester, Berkeley CA

2. Route - LVDS

3. Primary Riding Bike - Once again I'll be riding the white and red Ron Cooper. It has the gearing and tires to conquer those hills and the ride down (see 5b below).

4. I'm a good climber if I have decent gears. 7 speed 13-28 or 32 freewheel. Campy NR 52-42 + my secret weapon...triplizer with 30T inner ring. Tires will be 32 mm Compass Stampede Pass.

5. Arrive Friday, leave Sunday. I may try to stay at Gugie's Palazzo or may get another airbnb house if the wife and friends head down.

6. Additional activities...Bigtime!

a. This will be the 4th year that I will lead the "Marinica" pre-Eroica warmup ride on the Sunday before the main event. Come along and tour the verdant beauty of western Marin County, north of the Golden Gate Bridge.

b. Following Marinica, I am hoping from Monday through Friday to ride the Cooper in the company of Gugie and other adventurous BF members down the coast from Marin to Cambria, arriving just in time to spend an evening relaxing before attending the concours. This is expected to be an epic credit-card tour punctuated by fabulous scenery and marvelous dining.