Thread: FANY The Finale
View Single Post
Old 07-26-19, 06:57 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace, Cannondle Tandem/Ultegra, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked 110 Times in 61 Posts
FANY The Finale

FANY 2019 Done!!

Woodstock to Poughkeepsie! We were on paved roads, gravel bike paths and paved bike trails today. We even had to dismount on one of the gravel roads to get across a large tree that had fallen across the path. The gravel paths took us across two neat old trestles.

Mark another week long tour off the list. Interesting approach without rest stops but the routes take you by plenty of stores, cafes etc. While we didnít camp others seemed pleased with the nightly stops. Itís the first time Iíve used GPS on my Garmin to follow the routes and it worked just super. Scenery was outstanding. Lots of memorable steeper than normal hills. Iíd definitely do this tour again. Organizers do a great job of making it challenging but rider friendly.

Itís always a special week when my wife is just up the road ahead of me. She sees things I miss. I hope youíve enjoyed following along and didnít get too bored! Iím not that good of a journalist to be able to capture the uniqueness and beauty of the area. All to often Iím still trying to catch up with a rider visible in the distance and see how fast I can ride from one point to another. Another week of meeting new and old cycling friends and enjoying seeing areas that are new to me.

Next up is Cycle Oregon in a little over a month!!!