View Single Post
Old 08-08-19, 08:37 AM
delbiker1 

Bikes: 2003 Lemond Poprad, 1991 Ochsner steel frame, 2002 Airborne Zeppelin titanium, Schwinn DBX SS aluminum, Orbea MD 40 carbon fiber

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 64 Posts
Payoff

After self analyzing my fit/position on the bike and the pedal stroke, I have made changes that have paid off for me. I have gone back to a lower setting on my handlebars, raised/lowered the seat post, moved the saddle forward/backward, adjusted the angle on handlebars, moved the pedal cleats either forward or backward and have been paying more attention to the pedal stroke. I have found that I am much more comfortable on the saddle, which also eased the development of saddle sores. The numbness/tingling in my hands has been much relieved, also changing hand position more often. It seems to me that my pedal stroke feels like less mashing and better spinning, toes pointed down a bit also, and that has lessened the strain on the knees. In that regard, I have also been changing gears, more and sooner, when I am riding uphill and into the wind. I am also being more aware of staying relaxed, especially in the upper body/shoulder. I need to keep up with the implementing of these changes and not get lazy, allowing bad habits to set in. Two of my bikes I now have adjusted to these changes. I have two others, one undergoing maintenance/refurbishing, and another that I just have not done yet.
Likes For delbiker1: