View Single Post
Old 01-31-19, 11:22 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Bar Bag for Drop Bars?

I'm looking for a bar bag for bikepacking which won't interfere with using the hoods or drops. I'd like something light and simple.

The bars have flared drops. 15" between the hoods where the hands sit and just shy of 18" between the drops. Its a pretty straightforward setup. Brake hoses and cables should clear but can be rerouted as needed. My main concern is the narrow space between the hoods and drops. Much of what's out there seems geared toward flat bar MTB.

Either size Apidura Backcountry bar bag will fit. I already own three of their products and not knowing any better would just buy the bar bag to match what I already have.

The Revelate Pronghorn looks nice - very simple and light, made from Dyneema. Size small looks like it will fit. My guess is that any dry bag could be used with the harness.

What else should I be looking at?

I know there are a lot of boutique manufacturers out there and like people who think outside the box. I'm open to suggestions. I don't mind spending the money for something nice.

-Tim-

Last edited by TimothyH; 01-31-19 at 11:27 PM.