View Single Post
Old 05-23-19, 05:29 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by rantoie
Here is what I'm looking for:

Handlebar headlight for road riding on my trek 520, or my Nishiki. I'm not often out late, but when I come home at night, I want to be safe, seen, and avoid those nasty potholes (there are a LOT of them around here). So my typical rides are not usually more than 30 minutes, and not always at night.... but because the Trek is a bike I might like to take bike camping, that might be another use.

I live in a city, the roads are relatively well-lit, although there are a few paths where it can get a bit dark.

II've looked at everything from a $13 ebay flashlight with lumens they cannot justify, to the Cateye Volt. I'd like to not spend $200 on a light, since my bike is worth only $500, but my life is worth more, so I'd do it if everyone said that you really need to.

I'd like to have a light that doesn't require a battery pack and wires, but I would love it if it had replaceable 18650 batteries that I can charge.

How many lumens/lux? I have no idea. I'd like to have a nice warm light, that isn't super hot in any specific spots, and gives me good contour visibility, and good length of visibility without blinding people. Do I need flash mode? I don't know, I can probably live without it. I have a Cygolite 100 on the back, and some nice reflectors on the spokes for side visibility.

I actually would love to have a dynamo, but I dont know ANYTHING about those.

Light & Motion Urban 900 - $48
https://excelsports.com/closeouts/?s...SABEgI8g_D_BwE

-Tim-