Old 05-24-19, 01:33 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Ditto, the Light & Motion Urban, Vis and Taz lights. Some are very good values now.

I've had the L&M Urban 500 for more than two years of frequent use. The light itself is very good. The rubber band strap is the main weak spot. It began cracking after a year, then broke. And the swivel loosened up too much so I had to use an elastic cloth hair band to snug it down so it would aim where I wanted.

After the band finally broke a third time I switched to a Two Fish strap. Works great. It's a rubber block with Velcro straps. It's designed for high intensity flashlights, but the tapered barrel shape of the L&M Urban works well too, especially since the rubber band/swivel mount nub helps retain the light from sliding off. The Two Fish block holds securely, is quicker and easier for me to move between bikes. With old hand injuries and arthritis sometimes it's a struggle to mess with those rubber band straps, especially in winter. The Two Fish strap is easier.

And L&M appears to have fixed one of my main complaints -- most of the Urban series can't be charged and operated simultaneously. So I couldn't run the light continuously for hours off an external USB battery/cable. But the L&M Rando 500 claims to be able to trickle charge while running, although the website doesn't clarify whether it operates only in daytime pulse mode or up to full continuous power. It appears to be the same basic model as the other Urban lights, with improved circuitry.