Thread: Giant Anyroad!
View Single Post
Old 02-12-16, 07:01 AM
Soupamoto

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks! I looked so hard find one, I couldn't pass up the other when I found the second bike! And I really want to experience both bar types and see for myself the benefits of each. And get to do that more than just in the parking lot of my LBS. so I bought both. I can always sell one if I fall in love with the other.

I've thought the same thing; "off road" bike with drop bars and "on road" bike with flats..? Huh? Didn't make sense to me at first. I even wanted to swap bars on the bikes. But, with hydro brakes on the FR and cable on the AR, and the controls 100% different, it's not possible, and I'm a very creative guy. The brakes route differently through the frame. Infact, there is nothing similar to these frames, except design concept.

However, I do think I now get where Giant was coming from on these two handlebar / bike designs. They are to encourage riders from each world (flat bar dirt world and drop bar road world) to venture out into those other worlds, on bikes with bars they are familiar with.

To me, these bikes are mostly for people that simply love the bars they are used to, but want to try different riding. Road bike with flats and off road capable bike with drops.