Old 09-06-19, 10:11 AM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26425 Post(s)
Liked 10,381 Times in 7,209 Posts
...just to be clear, I'm not here to troll you guys. I'm genuinely fascinated by the e-bike phenomenon (even though it's doubtful I'll ever actually own one ...I have test ridden one over at the Spesh dealership). I get a regular news feed on all the latest reviews of them (via Google News), Here is one typical of what I've been reading over the past year or two:

Can This E-Bike Replace A Car?

First of all, it’s fast. I can easily get it to 28 miles per hour and feel completely stable and in control on it. Secondly, it’s just plain powerful with plenty of torque you can feel. In the 85 miles I’ve cruised with it thus far, I’ve taken it up hills that other e-bikes can only make topping out at 12 miles per hour. The Juiced negotiates these same slopes at 19 miles per hour. Add a headwind? No problem. It just flies. It also has a thumb throttle, which is incredibly handy at times — even though I prefer to pedal. And for whatever reason, I really like that the throttle is on the left handlebar — away from the gear shifter. It just seems to work better than bikes that commonly have it on the right side, amid the other controls.

I’ve now tested about 15 e-bikes and this model is far-and-away the most-legitimate candidate to be a true car replacement. It’s well made and includes a 750-watt Bafang geared hub motor, 52V 19.2Ah LG Chem battery that can travel up to 70 miles per charge, hydraulic disk brakes, nine-speed Shimano Cassette transmission, and seven pedal assist modes including an “eco” mode.