View Single Post
Old 04-29-15, 05:30 PM
jimrich

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pamestique
Assuming you were a pedestrian when stuck, I hope you got the cyclist's information so you can file a civil lawsuit; that is your remedy.
... Oddly, at the time I was knocked to the pavement, I was more worried about that young guy and his bike than myself. I became extremely enraged the next day when my ribs began to HURT and they just got worse over time! That's when I realized how ignorant and WRONG the cyclist was.

Hopefully you just didn't step off a curb without looking... walkers need to be cautious and use good judgement as well.
... I stepped out of a drugstore door way at night and had about 1/2 second before the racing cyclist hit me full on. Even if had "seen" him coming, it was too late to do anything at all! Folks can turn and twist my story all they want to make me responsible for what happened while finding excuses and "reasons" for the cyclist's bad behavior but it won't change the fact that enforcing laws is the weak point and we are all pretty much on our own for defenses and protection from ignorant, careless vehicle operators.

Last edited by cb400bill; 04-30-15 at 06:01 PM.