Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,808 Times in 3,316 Posts
Originally Posted by merlinextraligh
the total system weight difference is still way more than 4 ounces, and even if it was only 4 ounces, it would make a difference to Pros without a weight limit.

Ultimately, I don’t care what you ride, knock yourself out. I do lament that my choices are becoming limited, due in part by an artificial rule, that only operates indirectly.

I do find it interesting people take such offense to the suggestion that rim brakes are still better for amateur racers who are not subject to the constraints of UCI rules, and do t have the benefit of Pro tour level support.

There appears to be a ton of confirmation bias here by people who have spent money on disc braked bikes (which admittedly with where the market is going, and for their particular use may be very well be a good choice for them). Owning both rimmed brakes bikes and disc brake bikes, I’d like think I’. Somewhat immune to that confirmation bias. I see the value of disc brakes for a number of applications. Non UCI racing is still not one of them, imho.
It's just that you seem to have decided what is best for everyone. Not everyone will have quite the same desires for the performance of any one particular item as you or any other. To me it's much like arguing what color your frame should be painted.

I have both rim brake bikes and disc brake bikes. It's not a deal breaker for either. Brakes don't make you fast. They stop you.

Your bike seems to not be UCI legal, so why do you hinge your arguments around pro riders and UCI?

Last edited by Iride01; 02-11-21 at 04:36 PM.