Thread: Nutribullet?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-18, 09:21 PM
joejack951

Bikes: 2016 Hong Fu FM-079-F, 1984 Trek 660, 2005 Iron Horse Warrior Expert, 2009 Pedal Force CX1, 2016 Islabikes Beinn 20 (son's)

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by khyricat
On dairy- full fat vs low fat milk is different in calories, but also in satiety- some people will take in much more of the low fat to feel satisfied. In the case of most of the other dairy products most low fat versions have so much more sugar and chemicals added that its not worth the transition.
I’d like to hear more about excess sugar causing cholesterol if you have a chance. I also wanted to comment that I believe Timothy’s comment was directed at the saturated fat in peanut butter (which has no cholesterol being plant based) and whole milk.

I also can’t help but comment on the above quote. There are enough low/no fat dairy or dairy-substitute products out there without any added sugars or chemicals that I believe it is a huge mistake to totally write them off. I snack on non-fat zero-added sugar (real or fake) Greek yogurt and thoroughly enjoy. It is quite flavorful even withot berries and granola as I will typically add and plenty filling. Way fewer calories than the full fat version. Unsweetened coconut or almond milk are again far fewer calories than whole milk and much less sugar but still plenty of flavor.