Old 05-23-19, 07:27 PM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by gnome
I don't race. Even when I did, it still doesn't matter: I was too slow to be at the pointy end. The few races I have done were too short to need to drink during the race. I'd have a drink before I started and would be hydrated enough until the end of the race.<br /><font size="+2"><span style="color:brown;">Here the sports drinks aren't that cheap. It's more like a dollar per serve.</span></font>
<br /><br />Roughly 70-80 cents if you order in powdered form. I've gotten the bottles for under 60 cents on sale at my local supermarket.
Originally Posted by Doge
Me...Vitalite.<br />If a longer ride - water. Then something solid to eat.<br /><br />Water is so versatile. You can drink it, use it to dilute food or spray it over your body.<br /><br />For my kid's racing very complex. It is more about timing than what. But a bottle of water always. Then some energy drink concentration based on weather and event.
<br /><br /><br />Water's number one, but it has its limitations. Another advantage of the powdered sport drink is the convenience to choose it when needed.