Old 03-25-19, 02:38 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
oh gosh - Cement Truck Hits Bicyclist, Serious Injury Reported

Dittoes to all those sentiments, and thanks for posting @rumrunn6...I live about a mile from that intersection, and it’s the first and last stretch of my cycle–commute. That neigborhood, the Fenway, is also a hotly developing spot with residential and commercial high rise buildings recently built or under construction.

I have posted about my neighborhood, Kenmore Square, Fenway, Brookline and Allston-Brighton, that a few but inordinate number of cyclist-truck fatalities have happened.
This new post was too somber IMO to post to our usually jolly Metro Boston Regional Discussion thread, but deserves mention here.

Just yesterday I passed a ghost bike at the intersection of Clarendon Street and Commonwealth Ave in the tony residential and pedestrian-friendly neighborhood of Boston’s Back Bay, a jarring sight there, compared to the aforementioned bustling neighborhoods.I had not heard of such an accident, nor had the manager of the local Bike Shop, and no acquaintances mentioned it to me.

I googled cyclist + Clarendon + Boston and found reports of a hit-and -run fatality on around 3:30 AM April 30. 2017 of a cyclist who “lived on his bike.” I pass that way occasionally, yet just saw the memorial yesterday. I did not notice a sign.

The panoramic view is from a 2017 article. The ghost bike is direcly across the mall from the cyclist in the photo.