Old 12-25-20, 06:53 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9656 Post(s)
Liked 6,366 Times in 3,506 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
I know zip about cameras, but daughter 2 just got a Canon Rebel T7 and she seems quite pleased with it. Cost is a little lower than above so it may be of mediocre quality. I don’t know cameras.
The camera is fine, and that is a really good place to start. I’ll bet she is excited. Tell her to save for a 24-105 f4, and if she can get there to get it. Far, far better than the lens that came with her camera. Much better sharpness, contrast, color, etc. Watch FB marketplace and CL when she gets to that point. Cost new is about $800, but used about $500.

Back when I got into digital photography about 18 years ago, I bought one of those L lenses. My wife, who knows next to nothing about photography, noticed the difference between that and my other lower end lenses immediately, the differences were that great. But, hard to spend that kind of money starting out and not knowing if you will stay in it.

In photography, it’s all about the glass, not the body.

Ive been into photography since college, and when my kids were involved in sports took a deep dive into digital. Got into sports photography in a big way when the kids were in high school. Always happy to answer questions.