Old 10-11-19, 09:12 AM
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2155 Post(s)
Liked 3,406 Times in 1,206 Posts
1985 Merckx 7-Eleven bike, 55cm SOLD

For sale is this iconic 1985 Eddy Merckx 7-Eleven ‘tribute’ bike. Seat tube is 55cm CTC, top tube is also 55cm CTC. Stand over height is 32.25 inches. I am probably the third owner of the frame, bought it through the large auction site. Paint was not in good shape so had it resprayed in the 7-Eleven color scheme by frame builder and painter Al Wanta.

Components (crankset, brakes, levers, shifters, hubs, RD, FD, headset, bottom bracket) are Shimano Dura Ace 7402 8 speed. Crankset has 53/39 rings. Brake levers are excellent as are the hoods. As you can see from the photos, everything is in really great condition.

Wheels are Mavic dark anodized Open 4 CD clinchers laced to DA 7403 HG/UG freehub style hubs; tires are nearly new Vittoria Rubino Pro III in size 25. Cassette is an eight speed HG 13-26. Saddle is a Rolls Due in dark leather. Bars are polished 66-42 Cinelli Campion del Mondo wrapped in white leather; stem is a polished Cinelli.

Cable housing is NOS Dura Ace with new Shimano stainless drawn shift and brake cables. No pedals (unless I happen to have a set of road pedals that work with your shoes).

Bike rides beautifully and presents well.

Honestly, at $1400 SOLD! I’m taking a terrible bath on this, but want to simplify things at home, hence the sale. Note that price does not include shipping, but I will pack and ship it myself and use Ship Bikes as they are the least expensive right now. No worries on the shipping, I’ve never had one damaged.

Questions? Just ask.

Last edited by rccardr; 10-14-19 at 06:50 AM.
Likes For rccardr: