Old 04-03-19, 09:29 AM
LesG

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 12 Posts
I've been using Caynax Sports Tracker for about a year now and I'm pretty happy with it. It's a freebie https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....sportstracker

Like you I just want the basics. Caynax tracks speed, distance traveled, calories burned, ride time and shows a map of where you're at (and where you've been). If you stop riding, say for a short rest, it also pauses automatically. I have mine set, of course, for bicycling but it can easily be setup for other things (skiing, hiking, kayaking, etc.). I do keep a downloaded map section of my area (within 150 miles) from google maps on my smartphone which Caynax uses... or if you have wifi or data available it can use that too. The other thing is it's pretty intuitive so not a big hassle to use or set up.

Edited to say I have had zero problems with the app tracking where I'm at but that probably has more to do with the GPS tracking ability of my phone than with the app itself. I'm not often under the canopy of trees so my phone usually has a clear line of sight to the sky.
Les

Last edited by LesG; 04-03-19 at 09:37 AM.