Old 05-28-19, 03:50 AM
microcord

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 52 Posts
That Trek is an attractive bike.

Originally Posted by AllWeatherJeff
However, trains will be integral to my bikepacking itineraries once our western re-tranplantation is complete.
Will you be standing next to the bike, guarding it against potential damage; or will you have to put it into a baggage car and just hope that no oaf throws anything onto it; or something between these extremes?

Originally Posted by unterhausen
The industry is moving away from rim brakes, the main thing I'm worried about is the availability of good rims.
I happen to be in Japan. Here there's at least one company manufacturing (or anyway having its name attached to) new 126mm and even 120mm OLD rear hubs. (Here.) Not sure about 120mm, but I imagine that wherever you are, with a little websearching and/or ingenuity you too would be able to locate new or as-new126mm rear hubs. I suspect that this tells us something about the continuing availability of aluminium rims. I'm pretty sure that I'll predecease the disappearance of rim-brake-suitable rims -- and if I were a lot less sure of it, I'd buy half a dozen as spares.