View Single Post
Old 09-03-19, 09:25 PM
strossos

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
...I would echo this sentiment. I very much hope that you have done all this because you want to ride it and cherish it, in which case "value" does not matter much. Value is market driven by time, demand, and location. Once you start paying a bike shop to rebuild your wheels, you quickly discover that you'll probably take a beating on resale if your original purpose was cashing in on a valuable bicycle. OTOH, these are fun to ride, and all that work you put into it will make it last a long time in your life as a bicycle rider.

If I had any constructive criticism to add, it would probably involve the length and routing of your cables and housings. But they work fine that way, and some people prefer them longer and routed differently than I route mine. So that's aesthetics.
Thanks for the feedback, and thanks to all who provided some insight in this thread!

I had grand dreams of riding it, but it turns out I had way more fun working on the overhaul. I'm in a tough spot where I feel I can't give the bike the love it deserves and it instead sits in storage. It just doesn't fit my riding style! I didn't focus on value when doing this project, so I'm glad to hear I didn't make decisions that seriously affect what it's worth. Now to figure out how I want to proceed.

Thanks again, and I appreciate the kind words!
Likes For strossos: