Old 09-16-20, 02:46 PM
Dfrost 

Bikes: ‘87 Marinoni SLX Sports Tourer, ‘79 Miyata 912 by Gugificazione

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 502 Post(s)
Liked 466 Times in 256 Posts
Originally Posted by trail_monkey
I don't know if there's a trick or not but I've never had a problem. I do however know what you're speaking of. You just got to keep things into account. If you tighten up the back bolt and the angles changing then tighten up the front a little more. Anyways once you get them set they're set. I had a race face two bolt post like this and I could adjust the tilt by loosening one bolt a set amount of turns and tightening the other bolt the same amount of turns and you can watch the seat tilt as you did it. I will say with this velo orange long setback post though you don't seem to have that ability. It seems like I have to loosen both the front and the rear and then physically make my adjustment and then tighten them both up equally. I'm not sure what the difference is but the race face post is a joy to adjust
The 1st gen VO posts used one forward, one aft bolt as in photo below so tilt adjustment can be very subtle and precise, like the race face you describe. Seems like they fixed something for gen 2 that was a long way from “broken”.