Old 11-05-15, 03:57 AM
Buffalo Buff

Bikes: 2015 synapse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikenh
It's all I take with me. I don't take any street clothes with me at all. When I go in anywhere I go in wearing cycling clothes, jersey, shorts and cycling shoes, including cleats. If no one likes, tough crap! I keep the comfort up, by keeping the weight on the bike down. There's no reason to take along any street clothes. I will fess I did take a tshirt with me and did end up buy a pair of lightweight, unpadded cycling shorts at Walmart or wherever during the trip to put on when I would go into the laundrymat since I would normally drop off the clothes and head out to grab groceries or whatever while the clothes were washing. The only time I ever wore the other stuff was while doing laundry.
Glad I'm not the only one. Basketball shorts to wear over your cycling shorts if you need to stop in a store? No one gives a **** if you're in spandex, lol. Most people will either ignore you or ask about your biking trip. I have never, ever had someone remotely imply that they would consider denying me service at a restaurant because I walked in wearing shorts and a jersey. Then again when I tour I'm not dining on 30$ steaks at the end of the day, I'm going to some blue collar food truck or grabbing a sub to go.

My last tour I brought a dri fit T and basketball shorts to sleep in. Ended up mailing them back home because I just didn't need them.

Originally Posted by rifraf
For this reason I don't take cycle shorts with me on tour.
They simply take up too much room in the panniers compared to 5 pairs of clean underwear and normal shorts.
There can be many days between towns and opportunities to wash here abouts and i like clean underwear everyday.
I take nylon or wool shirts but rarely cotton and then only in summer.

Sink / water fountain / spigot + liquid soap = clean cycling shorts. No reason to bring more than 2 pairs IMO.

Last edited by Buffalo Buff; 11-05-15 at 04:01 AM.