Old 10-17-17, 05:38 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by metalheart44
I have some significant power differences between left and right legs that are contributing to some ongoing muscle/tendon issues that are being addressed by physical therapy and some strength and flexibility training. As part of addressing these ongoing issues I did a bike fitting that included a torque analysis that confirmed the power differences identified in physical therapy. The fitter recommended using a left+right power meter to get some ongoing feedback about progress with improving the balance in power output. I'm thinking of using the new Vector 3, but not too enthused about switching from my Speedplay pedals. But, I see this as a worthwhile investment?
First, have you asked your fitter (or maybe PT) about whether you have any reason not to switch?

I wasn't thrilled about switching from SPD to Keo cleats to use Vectors, but I did. (I have V2.) I even had to buy new shoes.

Overall it was a very worthwhile move. I like my wheels including hubs, and my crankset, and I want 100 % coverage, so that leaves pedals for me. Having power data was worth the switch for me.

You asked about an investment; sometimes it's nice to look at the icing on the cake. You also get a fantastic training tool, probably the best pacing tool available, and knowledge of how many calories you're burning.