Old 04-24-20, 01:50 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp
I was thinking about that looking for how many left turns across the oncoming traffic lane that segment had.

At the end of most of my rides I have to make a left 90° turn across incoming northbound traffic. The pavement is nice and smooth and it's tempting to take at speed in order to beat oncoming traffic, but I have this mental image where I screw up the turn, crash, and slide into oncoming 55mph traffic. I chicken out every time.
I think that there were only one or two left turns, so not bad on that count. But yeah, a left in front of oncoming traffic is usually something that I'll give myself a bit of margin for error.

Originally Posted by abshipp
Also, can you spare a few degrees of your Fahrenheit, WhyFi ?

Not sure how you're 20 degrees warmer than we are right now
Honestly, that was giving me problems. I was wearing bibs, base layer, ss jersey, sun sleeves, cycling cap and light (but full fingered) leather gloves... and I was too hot. I'm still acclimated to 40° riding. I went through a similar thing last year - I'd ride solo 2-3x per week in the cooler mornings, but then the warmer evening group rides would kick my ass until I got used to it in the late summer.