Old 05-28-20, 03:36 PM
ridethecliche
Batüwü Creakcreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 160 Posts
Honestly, the goal is long term, i.e. this is something I want to be doing when I'm 70. It would just be fun to hit numbers I hit 12 years ago when I'm in my 30's.

Re: sprint training. I wasn't planning on doing anything in particular. If my PM is to be trusted, I'm almost at a 1300 peak again. It'll come as the muscle memory does. That's not the primary goal.

Onto a different subject... Is there any reason to swap to an 11 speed 105 (5800) crank if I already have one that's 10 speed? This is for a second bike. I read that there were some changes made to R7000 (down from ultegra) that changed trim and spacing on the crankset which means that my 5800 crank may not play well with a R7000 FD and shifter? I was going to buy some R7000 stuff to put on my Ghost and take the 5800 stuff and put it on the '84 Trek. I had bought 10 speed 6700 for the Trek but I'm just going to sell it because I'd rather keep everything compatible and be able to move wheels etc around without changing cassettes. Likely not going to be buying more groupset related parts for a while. I'm not planning to get another bike (or frame) till I finish residency unless I can do a 1 in 1 out kinda thing!