View Single Post
Old 05-29-20, 02:24 AM
Fox Farm

Bikes: Merlin Extra Light, Orbea Orca, Ritchey Outback,Tomac Revolver Mountain Bike, Cannondale Crit 3.0 now used for time trials.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
I'm riding up a hill, it's steep, one lane on each direction, and the fog line is about a foot from the curb. Which is fine, it doesn't get much traffic.

A line of a few cars comes up behind me, the first one slows down and paces me for a moment. Then takes off again. Very weird.

A lady yells out the passenger side of the next car at me "You're almost there! Keep up the good work!"

I've done this loop before and knew she was lying about being almost to the top, but it's nice not to hear "get off the road." As usual it took a second to register what the person said, at first it's just I'm getting yelled at from a car.
I like your story! Some years ago, while descending a big long canyon in Utah on my Ti road bike, I was really hitting it hard, carving the corners and using most of the road. It was late in the day and typically no cars. Then, whoops, I realized I had an auto behind me so I behaved and stayed on the white line. He pulled up next to me, put down the passenger side window and I thought, "ok, here it comes..." Yet he yelled, "very cool clinic you just put on there! Neat!" and drove away. I smiled all the way home...
Likes For Fox Farm: