View Single Post
Old 06-01-20, 04:23 PM
rower2cyclist

Bikes: Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
A lot of people you see on the roads have thousands and thousands of training/racing/riding in their legs. Not easy to get there, and but certainly possible. I have no idea how you knew he was riding effortlessly tho. A lot of good riders have a superb technique and they just look super smooth when they are riding hard and fast.

My only contribution is whatever you do make it consistent. Be consistent in your training. Stick to a plan no matter what. Family, kids, work, life...It won't be easy my friend. It takes tremendous physical and mental effort to get to that guy's level. You should be willing to training weak after week, for months and years. My friends ask me how do I wake up at 4:30 and ride hard for two hrs. I answer because that's the only time I can do. You should be willing to sacrifice a little bit.

Every year you also get one year older so your ceiling gets a little lower. I would even hire a coach. Be ready to get out of your comfort zone. Learn how to suffer. This is very important. You gotta increase your pain threshold. Set realistic short & long term targets. Test yourself regularly. Don't ride junk miles. Know your strengths and weaknesses and address them properly. Good luck my friend.
Likes For rower2cyclist: