Old 06-24-20, 10:26 PM
elcruxio

Bikes: 2011 Specialized crux comp, 2013 Specialized Rockhopper Pro

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 862 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 223 Posts
Originally Posted by speyfitter
At least Trek includes front and rear racks in their price for the 520 and the price is still $300+ less Canadian then the disc trucker.
I don't know what the current 520 is like but the one my wife bought in 2014 or 2015 was and still is a bad bike.

Really weird and aggressive geometry to the extent that we had to install a steerer extender to compensate for the race length cut steerer.

The wheels it had were the worst wheels I've ever seen in a bike, period. Unsealed shimano hubs were ok, but the spokes were straight gauge and strangle weak, nipples were of such an odd size that my multisize nipple wrench would not work on them properly and they were almost seized from the factory. Rims were also a disaster. You could not mount a marathon plus on them without soapy water. The tire would not snap in place even with significant overpressure.

​​​​​Also max tire size of 37mm with fenders and less space in the fork than in the frame is something I find laughable.

So if the 520 still suffers from the same issues it did, it could be free for all I care, it's still a hard pass.