View Single Post
Old 09-12-16, 12:27 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,204 Times in 761 Posts
Originally Posted by idiotekniQues
haven't crashed a bike since i was in junior high. but that changes nothing - not all crashes are the cyclists fault.

with your stupid statement right there you basically absolved any motorist from any fault for causing a crash of a cyclist, since, as you state in a vast generalization - if you are [the cyclist] crashing, they [the cyclist] are doing something wrong and to correct their errors.

makes you a real dick in the cycling community.
I doubt if any material, steel, aluminum, carbon fiber, bamboo, laminated wood... is designed to be durable in the event of a motor vehicle running into it. I don't think the steel vs. CF argument has any point at all in those situations. Who would care if their bike is designed to stand up to a car running over it?

I really doubt the guy was implying that all crashes were avoidable, but that if someone is actually crashing a lot, they should ride safer and smarter, and learn to avoid them. Yes, even learn to avoid, or minimize the chances of, a car running into them by understanding dangerous situations.

Maybe I'm a dick too for encouraging people to ride smarter? And that crashing a lot is not normal?

Last edited by Camilo; 09-12-16 at 12:32 PM.