TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2632 Post(s)
Liked 3,148 Times in 1,657 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
And every MS you did would be a tandem MS. Unless you were already doing an MS/MS, then you'd be doing a triple MS.
Of course haha. Ours is a single-quad ICP. I'm always trying to get them to buy me the latest and greatest, and all mfg's offer double quad ICP-MS/MS machines now. We could get instant value out of it to quantify surface coverage of thiolated ligands (sulfur) on our nanoparticles, which would be huge for bioconjugation applications.

Originally Posted by Flatballer
Same. I think an MBA would be interesting and beneficial, and a Masters in my field to get more depth in specific electrical stuff would be beneficial, but I just don't really have the time or energy right now, and my current company has a cap of like $5k/year on tuition benefits, which doesn't get you very far. I lean towards the MBA more, since I learn better on the job with electrical stuff, but I feel like classroom based studies and stuff might be useful for more business oriented things, and I'm trying to break into upper management eventually, or even start my own firm eventually.
MBA crosses my mine from time to time as well. We have a good school for it locally too (UCSD - Rady). I have some mgmt, B2B, and customer'sales aspects to my job that I like as much as the technical stuff