View Single Post
Old 03-07-19, 08:17 AM
zarbog

Bikes: Giant SLR GX1 Toughroad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
New forum member here, so hi. I am having trouble getting past the two hour mark on my 2018 Roam 3. Changed to Jones Loop bars and that relieved the pretty intense palm and wrist pain, and replaced the soft seat with a Serfas.

What I found developing last year, was some pretty intense discomfort on the perineum, even with the split seat. Was getting some disturbing "vibration" feeling or buzzing.

I have been looking at a few touring / gravel bikes thinking they might be better for longer rides. One shop owner said the only way to ensure comfort over long rides was to go to drop bar bikes, as the wrist aligns properly with the forearm. He said the upright seating, especially with the Jones bars moves all the weight on to the sit bones, whereas ideally I should be speading the weight evenly between sit bones and arms. He suggested a Trek Crossrip. Rode it for a test ride of only 20 minutes and it was impressive. I have read here where some of you folks have done century rides on your Roams, any tips ?

5 foot 10, 196 pound 68 year old senior.