View Single Post
Old 03-07-19, 02:02 PM
zarbog

Bikes: Giant SLR GX1 Toughroad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
25 miles in two hours. The bike was fitted to me with the original seat, but I have done my own adjustments with the Serfa. Take a hex key with me for micro adjustments. I wear padded liners. I saw in another thread this morning, that there is a following for the Selle Anatomica saddles. Would be a lot cheaper than a new bike. I like most of the Roam aspects, mine is a Roam 3 disc, should of sprung for the 2. The only thing function wise I do not love is the gear set. Bit clunky and too much chain noise using the extreme ranges. It is fine on the road and rail trails, had it out in the woods and it was not very happy. But realistically I am not going to do much more than rail trail or maybe green level single track at an old fart pace.

I have longer distances in mind, there is a rail trail loop I could do that would be a four hour ride at least, I did half of it in just over two. I live on the shores of Lake Ontario and there is an extensive trail system that goes around the lakes, mostly paved I believe. Want to do portions of it.

My bike shop has a seat program where you can try out a seat for 90 days, my first serfa I put 500 kilometres on it then decided to try out the one I have now, not sure if that is for any other make then serfa. Any how thanks for the response. Streets up here are still buried in snow, its going to be the end of March before I get out much I think.