View Single Post
Old 09-16-19, 09:50 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4247 Post(s)
Liked 2,957 Times in 1,815 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb
My latest charge to get an FD adjusted was $20. Adding up all the time I spent pfutzing with it before I took the bike in, I was trying to save about half the minimum wage in my time (and I get paid well over minimum wage!). Why did I wait so long?
Yeah, that's me every time. I have the tools to do it. Theoretically, I have the know how to do it, but I just waste a lot of time most of the time. When I have gotten it done, I'm definitely way less than minimum wage in the amount I saved.

Similarly, I have a toilet that is running intermittently. I've changed the flapper and the gasket. The next job is for me to pull the tank. The last time I did that, I tightened it back too hard afterwards and cracked the tank. Since it was a high flow toilet (for which I couldn't find a tank anymore), I had to jury-rig a solution with a tank for a low flow toilet (doesn't always get a great flush as a result). This time, I think I'm going to suck up my pride and call the plumber. Especially since I'm getting knee surgery tomorrow and won't be bending over for a while.
Likes For himespau: