View Single Post
Old 06-24-05, 08:23 PM
Basenga

Bikes: Marin Muirwoods and a cheap steel road bike that I picked up for 20$ on craigslist and which is still in pieces

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wheezl
Since this thread is so dead let me know when you break the pedals and spokes start going. I loves me some Marin but so far my muirwoods has been a little on the fragile side. spiffy frame and very nimble however.
I've been quite pleased with mine as well. I commute 8.5 km twice a day every day rain or shine and I'll go on longer (60km and hopefully rising) rides solo every week or so. All road with the occasional patch of grass and so on. I bought the muirwoods as a commuter bike and for touring trips. You might ride yours harder than I do.

Nothing has broken yet, wheels are holding up just fine, don't seem to be going out of true at all. I just changed the brake pads and after adjustments everything runs nice and square. Won't break the stock pedals, I've gone clipless and put the stock pedals in a box somewhere.

So far the only problem I could complain about is this sqeak somewhere, the source of which I can't find. I was going to take the BB out and the pedals as well at some point, give everything a clean and put everything back in properly with grease and all. The pedals could use it for sure (I was just too excited and I've been too lazy since), the BB should be fine, but the LBS put it in. They seemed fairly consciencious about their work, but then again, I bought it when they were in it over their head. You never know...

Have you really been breaking stuff left and right on your muirwoods? What do you ride? There's at least one other member that bought a muirwoods and he seemed quite pleased the last I hear from him.